Thursday 6 March 2014

50 Danziger Strasse was the venue suggested by Katrin Merle of Berlin urban sketchers for a Wednesday evening jolly.This is the address where weekly life drawing sessions are held. honestly said the prospect of life drawing after such a long time avoiding the exercise was a bit daunting. The only practice that I've gotten in in recent years has been infrequent visits to the great sessions of Doctor sketchy's Dublin.The visits while very enjoyable, were too few and far between to retain any strong confidence on the subject (Dr sketchy's happens once a month). I always find it to be one of the biggest challenges of drawing, the attempt to be honest and true about the subject/person in front of you. here are the result of two frustrating 15 minute poses


After a malaise set over me, i've got to admit I gave up competing with my lack of hand to eye motor reflexes and started drawing the brave soldiers around me who remained steel willed to the task. below is my tribute to a few of  those who bravely 'went on without me'




what started life as a short sketch turned into one of those (I might add a little colour to that later when I get home) affairs.












As ever it all started with a little practice on the train


click here for the web addrs where you can find out more about these Berlin life drawing sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment